Friday, December 3, 2010

Hosting our 1st Thanksgiving

A very big thanks to my parents for helping us host our first Thanksgiving.

This year we had a small Thanksgiving get together in our home with my parents and sister. It was a good way for me to learn how to cook the turkey and put on the holiday dinner. Our feast included a delicious succulent turkey, stuffing, sweet potato souffle, zucchini casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy (from the turkey drippings- oh so good!), and rolls from the bread machine. I have a lot to be thankful for, especially my very loving & helpful husband and two very healthy vibrant children.
The day was filled with lots of cooking. We got to enjoy a lovely breakfast together. I went easy on myself and picked up bagels and cream cheese danishes from Costco with lots of fresh fruit and OF COURSE coffee :) After breakfast we prepped the turkey and stuffed it. At around noon we had some appetizers to tied us over: jalepeno artichoke dip with baguette bread and a brioche crusted brie with cranberry and caramel apples. In between all of the cooking Reagan and Mimi did a reinder and mousekins fun project. Reagan really enjoyed using the glue and mixing the oats/sparkles for reinder food. At one point all of us got to sit down together and watch "Date Night", which was hilarious, as well as Disney's "A Christmas Carole" with Jim Carey. We ate dinner at around 4:30 and I was so pleased with how the turkey turned out. It was GORGEOUS! Everything tasted absolutely wonderful and Braden and I lived off the leftovers for the next 4 days.











No comments: