Saturday, March 26, 2011

What did I do today?

Today I sat in a chair.

For 6 HOURS!

I sat my buns in a black swivel chair surrounded by lots of chaotic noise and gossip.

Can you guess where I was?

Yes, I was at the Salon.

I got to spend once again 6 hours getting my hair done.


A sweet girl from our church is going to school at Paul Mitchell & how fortunate for me that it is located literally right up the street.

While my hair processed for 45 minutes, Miss Kayla and I grabbed some delicious lunch at Chipotle (my fav!).

I have to admit., I missed my babies while I was gone. They spent the day at an ordination with Daddy, Papa Dave, & Grammy. A little piece of me wished I was there with them, but it was nice to have some pampering. I get my hair cut uh about ONCE a year.

Fresh healthy hair with sun-kissed highlights.

I feel VERY ready for Summer.

Rain, Rain, go away. Come again another day.

Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun Please Shine Down on Me....


So what did I do when I got home. I vegged.

But only for a bit, because something inside of me got motivated to use up the organic veggies and fruits I had bought earlier in the week from Whole Foods. I couldn't let those goodies go to waste.

I whipped out the food processor & peeler and got to work.

I made (the ever resistant) Jackson boy 2 different batches of puree.

Both delicious, might I add :)

Care to know what they are?

I know you're curious.

Ok I'll tell you.

Sweet potatoes, parsnips, & sweet tender carrots & apples & pears.




Shoot, if the little guy won't eat them I may have to serve them as a bed for a succulent piece of grilled chicken or a side for a nice pork chop.


And on to the best thing about today.

My kids & hubby.

Here are my super cute love bugs this morning before everyone took off for the day.




Yeah, I love my life.

No comments: