Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Daddy's Day.


I had every intention of snapping photos throughout the whole day. It just didn't happen. I did get a couple from this morning when Reagan presented Daddy with our gift we had so thoughtfully put together. She was so proud to carry it all by herself & was eager to help me make Daddy's special pancake breakfast (which was a bust).

The last couple of days I have been asking Braden what he wanted for his Father's Day breakfast. ANYTHING. I will make anything your heart desires. Ideas were thrown around such as french toast casserole, an egg dish, monkey bread, etc. BUT what does he ask me to make?? PANCAKES. pancakes... ugh, not very exciting & I'm not familiar with the particular recipe he specified for me to use. So, like a good wife... I made them (& FAILED MISERABLY).  I used 2/3 wheat flour & they came out very dry & just plain yucky. I felt like a failure. I ruined Father's Day breakfast. In reality, I didn't BUT I wanted everything to go perfect.

The rest of the day was a success! And, here are the photos from this morning.


No comments: