Thursday, June 21, 2012

Santa Cruz Beach Vacay. Day 2 {Saturday}.

Saturday morning, we got up {me later than everyone else who woke up before the crack of dawn} & had breakfast (or in my case, COFFEE). 

The night before I mentioned to Bra that I wanted to take the bikes out for a stroll in the morning. So we strapped Jackson Boy in (left Reagan with her cousins) & didn't get very far before I had to switch bikes. I nearly tipped the whole thing backwards trying to control the bike with Jax in the back seat. The bikes were old & rickety, but we had fun perusing up & down the streets riding past the church we'd be going to the next day & spotting little eateries.




As you'd expect, we spent time relaxing down on the beach. The guys {& boys} threw around the frisbee while us girls basked in the sun & the littles dug in the sand.










 All this vacationing took a toll on sweet Reagan.

While the kiddos napped I enjoyed some R&R on the deck.


 The guys enjoyed some manly competition.

Later on in the day, our little fam walked down to the boardwalk. Reagan had been dying to go on the haunted castle ride & we couldn't put her off any longer. So while her & daddy got in line, this Mama grabbed a BIG ol' honkin {as we say here at home} refreshing ice cream.


My in-laws bbq-ed steaks & chicken for dinner & we had all the delicious side fixings to go with it. A perfectly scrumptious meal to end a long exciting busy day.

No comments: